DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
LOADER MAIN FRAMES
Models 950 BNSCE and 950BSCE
8. Coat the bores of the lower hitch group with 5P0960
9. Lubricate the sealing lip of seals (39) and (43) lightly.
Install lip type seals (39) and (43) with tooling (J) in
caps (42) and (35). Install both seals with the seal lips
10. Install three of bolts (38) equally spaced around
cap (35). Cool the bearing cups of bearing (36) down
to -75.5° C (-1 67.9° F), and install the lower cup. Drive
the cup down to insure contact with cap (35).
11. Lubricate the bearing cones with oil and install
them. Install the cooled upper bearing, and drive it
down to insure light contact pressure on the cones.
12. Install shims (37), cap (42) with three bolts and
tighten. Install a torquing bolt assembly and tighten.
Make sure floor jack (13) and the hoist are moved
with rear frame (48).
14. Remove the blocks in front of the rear wheels and
tooling (B) from the rear of the rear frame.
15. Use a lift truck and a hoist to connect rear frame
(48) to front frame (47).
16. Connect steering frame lock link (46) to the front
frame with pin (44) and pin (45).
13. Apply a torque wrench to the torquing bolt
and read the torque necessary to rotate the cones
of bearing (36). If the torque is within a range of
1.1 N.m (9.7 lb. in.) to 5.6 N.m (50 lb. in.) install
the remaining bolts (38) and tighten. If the. torque
is less than 1.1 N.m (9.7 lb. in.) or greater than
5.6 N.m (50 lb. in.) remove or add shims (37) to
obtain the correct rotating torque.