Seat Spring Installer
1. Install lever (3), latch assemblies (1), rods
(2). and springs (4) on the housing. Install the
retainers that hold the lever and latch assem-
blies to the housing. Use a piece of pipe with a
15.9 mm (.625 in.) inside diameter approxi-
mately 12.7 cm (5 in.) long to install the
2. Put 5H2471 General Purpose Adhesive on the
housing assembly and install pad (5).
3. Put roller assemblies (7) in position on the hous-
NOTE: Make sure the swaged side (raised metal) (8) of
the roller is away from the lower housing assembly.
4. Install the retainers (6) that hold the roller
assemblies. Use a piece of pipe with a 15.9 mm
(.625 in.) inside diameter approximately 12.7
cm (5 in.) long to install the retainers.
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
5. Put plate (9) in position on the housing assem-
bly ( 10). Install the bolt that holds the housing
assembly on the plate. Tighten the bolt to a
torque of 70 ± 7 Nm (50 ± 5 lb. ft.).