DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
14. Install spacer (21) on the shaft.
15. Put 1P808 General Purpose Lubricant on the
shaft. Install shaft (19) in the lever.
16. Install retainer (22) and spiral lockring (20).
17. Install collar (18) on the shaft.
18. Install handle (17) on the shaft. Put 9S3263
Thread Lock on the screw threads and install
screw (16) in the shaft.
19. Put 1P808
General Purpose Lubricant in
lever assembly (23) in the cap.
20. Put housing assembly (24) in position on the cap
assembly. Install the four bolts that hold it. Make
sure the bellcrank is at a right angle (perpendicu-
lar) to the tube assembly when the housing is
21. Put 1P808 General Purpose Lubricant on the
rack. Install rack (25) into lever assembly as
handle (17) is turned.