6. Put gear (6) and bearing in position on shaft and
install bolt and washer.
Clean water only is permitted for use as a lubri-
cant for assembly. Do not damage or put hands
on the wear surface of the carbon ring or the
ceramic ring. Install the ceramic ring with the
smoothest face of the ring toward the carbon
7. Put the ceramic ring (7) in position in the rubber
seal. Use hand pressure and the tool (which is
with the replacement ring) to install the ceramic
8. Remove spring from the seal assembly (8). Use
hand pressure and the tool (which is with the
replacement ring) to install the seal assembly.
Push seal assembly on shaft until seal faces make
9. Install spring (9). Put impeller (10) in position
and install washer and bolt. Tighten bolt to a
torque of 38 ± 1.4 N·m (27 ± 1 lb. ft.).
10. Install gasket and cover on the housing.
a) install water pump
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY