2-17. OPERATING PROCEDURES (CONT)
a. Starting the Engine (Cont).
(6) Pull up on parking brake control to apply parking brake.
(7) Check and ensure
that hydraulic control levers are in NEUT. or HOLD posi-
(8) Check and ensure that SHUT OFF control is pushed completely in.
(9) Place transmission control lever in neutral (N) position.
Before starting engine, fasten your seat belt securely and be sure park-
ing brake is applied, transmission control lever is in neutral (N) posi-
tion, and both cab doors are closed. Failure to do so could cause seri-
ous injury or death due to an accident.
(10) Insert key into ignition key switch. Turn key to first position clockwise
(on position). Note that warning indicators (BRAKE ENGAGED, OIL PRESS,
and CLUTCH PRESS) turn on and air pressure warning alarm sounds.
(11) Push accelerator pedal down approximately one to two inches.