2-18. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT (CONT)
a. Driving (Cont) .
Start engine and raise bucket one foot off ground using LIFT ARM control
lever in RAISE position then return to NEUT. position.
Using BUCKET control lever in CROWD position, rollback bucket completely
then return BUCKET control lever to NEUT. position.
Secure bucket assembly in rollback position using 12 foot length of chain
with a hook on each end. Position one chain hook on center bucket tooth
and lift arm brace as shown.
Install transport bracket, stored in tool box, on either lift cylinder
assembly rod and secure using capscrew and nut.
(7) Turn off engine.
When performing following step, be sure that
do so will cause damage to transport bracket
and may distort bucket lift arms.
engine is off. Failure to
and lift cylinder assembly,
(8) Place LIFT ARM control lever in LOWER position and
Lift cylinder assembly rod will retract and bucket
eye is resting on transport bracket.
slowly lower bucket.
will lower until rod
(9) Start engine and slowly move loader up ramps and position on flat bed
(10) Pull up on parking brake control to apply parking brake, and turn off
engine. Remove key from ignition key switch.
(11) Place transport/service link in locked position.
(12) Make sure transmission and hydraulic control levers are in their neutral