5-3. STARTER MAINTENANCE (CONT)
a. S t a r t e r ( c o n t ) .
INSTALLATION (SHEET 2 OF 2)
(9) Connect cable (3) to terminal S of solenoid.
(10) Install lock washer (2) and nut (l). Tighten nut to 16 to 30 lb-in.
(11) Spray solenoid, starter, and wire terminals with electrical cleaner and
allow to air dry. Then spray terminals with electrical sealer.
I n st all O-ring and extension tube.
(13) Position clamp and tighten two nuts.
(14) Install dipstick and tighten by turning counterclockwise.
( 1 5 ) I n s t a l l l e f t f r o n t s i d e p a n e l ( p a g e 9 - 1 7 ) .
(16) Connect and tighten battery ground cable (page 5-151).