4-3. TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (CONT)
b. Torque Converter Housing (Cont).
(SHEET 3 OF 4)
Install two guide studs in
torque converter housing (20).
Using insulated gloves, posi-
tion converter ground sleeve in
torque converter housing with
hole in sleeve toward top of
torque converter housing. Using
2 inches outside diameter
sleeve, press converter ground
sleeve into torque converter
housing bore until seated.
Studs will aid in alining
capscrew (9) holes of converter
ground sleeve with holes in
torque converter housing.
(13) Remove two guide studs and install four capscrews (9). Tighten to 17 to
(14) Put bearing (8) in a hydraulic
press resting on a bearing
collar with retaining ring
groove in bearing downward.
(15) Put driven gear (5) shaft into
bearing (8). Press driven gear
(16) Install retaining ring (7) in
groove on driven gear (5)
(17) Put bearing (6) in a hydraulic
press resting on a bearing col-
lar. Put driven gear (5) shaft
into bearing. Press driven gear
shaft into bearing until bear-
ing contacts retaining ring