4-3. TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (CONT)
e. Reverse Clutch and Planetary Group (Cont).
INSTALLATION (SHEET 2 OF 3)
(4) Install sun gear (7), meshing sun gear with second turbine driven gear.
(5) Lubricate reverse clutch piston (6) area of transmission housing using
(6) Install reverse clutch piston
(6) in transmission housing.
Use a piece of wood and a
hammer to push piston evenly
(7) Lubricate one side of each
clutch plate (4 and 5) using
lubricating oil. Beginning with
a metal clutch plate (5), al-
ternately install four clutch
plates (5) and four friction
clutch plates (4) on carrier
and hub (15).
Install carrier and hub (15) with clutch plates (4 and 5) pack in trans-
Lubricate one side of each remaining clutch plate (4 and 5) using lubri-
eating oil. Install one metal clutch plate (5) and one friction clutch
plate (4) on carrier and hub (15).
(10) Use two screwdrivers to aline ears of metal clutch plates and position
ears in center of transmission housing.
(11) Install anchor and pin assembly
(3), guiding pins through clutch
plate (5) ears.
(12) Measure distance between top of
anchor and pin assembly (3) and
surface of transmission hous-
ing. If distance is 1/4 inch or
more, anchor and pin assembly
is in correct position. If dis-
tance is less than 1/4 inch,
lift anchor and pin assembly
and check alinement of metal
clutch plates (5).