4-3. TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (CONT)
g. Output Shaft (Cont).
INSTALLATION (SHEET 3 OF 3)
(15) Start bearing (12) with groove in outer race of bearing toward transmis-
sion into transmission housing.
(16) Using hammer and 3-1/2 inches outside diameter sleeve bearing on outer
race of bearing (12), drive bearing into transmission housing.
(17) Using hammer, start new oil seal (11) into transmission housing. Using
hammer and 3-1/2 inches outside diameter sleeve bearing on outer diameter
of oil seal, drive oil sleeve into transmission housing until oil seal
(18) Lubricate lip of oil seal (11) with lubricating oil.
(19) Install parking brake (refer to TM 5-3805-262-20).
(20) Install high range clutch and transfer gear (page 4-186).