4-3. TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (CONT)
i. Control Valve (Cont).
(SHEET 1 OF 2)
Install valve ball (28) in its bore in body (29).
Position plug (27), open end outward, over valve ball (28).
Using hammer, press plug (27) into body (29) until recessed zero to 0.010
inch below surface of three supporting bosses.
Check that oil seal (23) bore in body (29) is clean and that all old
sealing material is removed.
Install detent spring (26) and detent ball (25).
(6) Use a drive pin punch to push detent ball (25) against spring (26) to
compress spring. Install valve spool (24), linkage end last, through body
(29) bore. After valve spool is in position to hold down detent ball,
drive valve spool into body using soft hammer.
(7) Put new gasket (21) on plug (20).
Install plug and gasket. Tighten se-
Install detent ball (19) and detent spring (18).
(9) Put new gasket (17) on plug (16).
Install plug and gasket. Tighten plug
Be sure valve spool (24) moves freely within its bore.
(10) Position valve spool (24) in middle detent (neutral) position.
(11) Install valve stop (22).