3-7. TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (CONT)
a. Pressure Tests (Cont).
COOLING CIRCUIT CHECK (SHEET 2 OF 2)
(12) Decrease engine speed to idle and turn off engine.
(13) If pressure gage indication was higher than 40 psi, a restriction exists
in oil cooler circuit. Disconnect transmission cooler lines and check for
restriction (refer to TM 5-3805-262-20). Flush and clean oil cooler lo-
cated at bottom of radiator (page 3-194).
(14) If pressure gage indication was less than 40 psi, spring in torque con-
verter pressure regulator is broken or damaged. Replace transmission
(page 3-330) and forward to general support maintenance.
(15) Disconnect pressure gage hose from transmission port.
(16) Install converter temperature sender in transmission port (refer to TM
(17) Do oil flow out of transmission check below.
OIL FLOW OUT OF TRANSMISSION CHECK (SHEET 1 OF 2)
At right side of transmission,
locate fitting connected to inlet
of oil cooler. Marking TO COOLER
is beside fitting. Loosen and
disconnect hose fitting from this
Connect flowmeter inlet hose to
fitting from which oil cooler hose
Connect flowmeter outlet hose to
oil cooler hose disconnected from
If necessary, connect inlet and
outlet hoses to flowmeter. Put
flowmeter in cab.