REMOVAL (SHEET 1 OF 2)
Before performing following steps, be sure
that transport/service link
is in engaged position (refer to TM 5-3805-262-10) and chassis is
securely supported by jack stands. Failure to do so could cause chassis
to fall on you causing serious injury or death.
Using paint, put match marks on planetary gear spider (3) and wheel
(31) to aid installation.
(2) Remove 30 capscrews (1) and washers (2).
(3) Using two pry bars, separate planetary gear spider (3) from wheel hub
(31). Remove planetary gear spider.
Disconnect brake line from brake caliper (refer to TM 5-3805-262-20).
(5) Remove brake caliper (refer to TM 5-3805-262-20).
Left and right axle shafts (4) are different lengths. Mark axle shafts
(6) Remove axle shaft (4) with sun gear (20).
(7) Remove thrust washer (5).
(8) Remove ring gear (6).