REMOVAL (SHEET 2 OF 2)
(3) Separate differential assembly from axle housing using hammer and chisel.
(4) Attach chain hoist to differential assembly.
Remove differential assembly from axle housing.
INSTALLATION (SHEET 1 OF 2)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 used to clean
Wear protective goggles and gloves and
parts is toxic and flammable.
use only in a well ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothes and dont breathe
vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat and dont smoke
when using it. Failure to do so could cause serious injury. If you be-
come dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air and medical
attention immediately. If contact with skin or clothes is made, flush
with large amounts of water.
If contact with eyes is made, wash eyes
with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Remove accumulation of dirt, grit, or gum from axle housing bowl. Clean
using cleaning solvent P-D-680. Dry using clean cloths.
Scrape gasket residue from rear axle housing and differential assembly
mating surfaces using putty knife. Clean mating surfaces using clean
cloths moistened with cleaning solvent P-D-680.
(3) Inspect differential assembly bore in axle housing. Check for cracks,
nicks, and burrs at machined surface. Remove nicks and burrs with soft
(4) Apply bead of air-drying adhesive to rear axle housing and differential
assembly mating surfaces.