[ 3-9. FRONT AND REAR AXLES MAINTENANCE (CONT) ]
f. Rear Axle Planetary Assemblies (Cont).
INSTALLATION (SHEET 3 OF 3)
(24) Apply bead of air drying adhesive to wheel hub (31) mating surface.
(25) Position planetary gear spider (3) on wheel hub
(31), be sure match marks are alined.
(26) Install 30 washers (2) and capscrews (1).
Tighten capscrews to 90 to 120 lb-ft.
(27) Install brake caliper and connect
brake line to brake caliper (refer
to TM 5-3805-262-20).
Repeat above steps to install
remaining rear axle planetary
(28) Install rear wheels (refer to
(29) Raise rear chassis and remove jack stands. Lower chassis and disconnect
(30) Install gear oil in rear axle planetary assemblies (refer to TM
Whenever a component or line in the brake system is disconnected for
servicing, the air must be bled from the brake system. Failure to do so
could cause serious injury or death due to loss of braking control.
Refer to TM 5-3805-262-20 for bleeding air from brake system.
(31) Bleed air from hydraulic brake system (refer to TM 5-3805-262-20).
(32) Install transport/service link in operating position (refer to TM 5-
Be sure transport/service link is disengaged before driving vehicle.
Failure to do so could cause serious injury or death due to loss of