3-15. AUXILIARY STEERING PUMP AND MOTOR MAINTENANCE (CONT)
d. Auxiliary Steering Motor (Cont).
DISASSEMBLY (SHEET 5 OF 5)
(21) Put commutator end cover (37) on wood blocks in hydraulic press with
brush plate (32) mounting surface upwards. Using 1-3/8 inches diameter
rod or sleeve, press expansion plug (36) from commutator end cover.
Dont perform following steps unless inspection indicates replacement of
bearings (17 and 18) or fan (19) is necessary.
(22) Install bearing collar between bearing (17) and armature (21) shaft. Put
armature in hydraulic press, fan (19) end down. Using 3/8 inch diameter
sleeve or rod, press armature shaft from bearing.
(23) Install bearing collar between fan (19) and armature (21) shaft. Put ar-
mature in hydraulic press, fan end upward. Using 3/8 inch diameter rod,
press armature shaft from fan (19) and bearing (18).
(24) Using hammer and punch, push Woodruff key (20) end opposite armature (21)
shaft end down into shaft. Then, using hammer and punch, remove Woodruff
key by pushing key up off armature shaft.
(25) If necessary to replace two terminal studs (43), remove three nuts (38),
lock washers (39), two washers (40), insulator washers (41), bushings
(42), terminal studs (43), terminal (44), washer (45), and two insulator
Dont try to remove field coil (47) from housing (48). Field coil and
housing are replaced as an assembly.