3-19. BODY AND CAB MAINTENANCE (CONT)
d. Seat Assembly (Cont).
(1) Replace label (10) if lost or illegible.
Replace an item if inspection indicates need for replacement.
Inspect edging (2) for cracks or deterioration.
Inspect backrest pad (3) and seat cushion pad (4) for tears or damage.
Inspect all other parts for cracks, distortion, or thread damage.
Install label (10) on backrest pad (3).
Position seat adjuster (8) on seat shell (9), then install and tighten
two capscrews (5).
(3) Insert one end of adjusting rod (7) in seat adjuster (8).
Position seat adjuster (6) on seat shell (9), insert end of adjusting rod
(7) in seat adjuster (6), and install and tighten two capscrews (5).
Adhesive used in following step is toxic. Use only in a well ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothes and dont breathe
vapors. Dont smoke when using it. Failure to do so could cause serious
If you become dizzy while using adhesive, get fresh air and
medical attention immediately.
(5) Install seat cushion pad (4) and backrest pad (3): apply adhesive to seat
shell (9) mounting surface and press pads (3 and 4) into position.
(6) Install edging (2) and secure using new retaining clip (1).
(7) Install seat assembly on seat support assembly (refer to TM5-3805-262-