TEST NO. 1 - HYDRAULIC PUMP UNDER SECTION (SHEET 3 OF 4)
(3) Tag inlet hose (3), then loosen tube (2) fitting and disconnect inlet
(4) Install cap (8) on inlet hose (3) to prevent entry of foreign matter.
Install plug (9) in tube (2) to prevent entry of foreign matter.
(6) Remove cap (10), coupling (11), and connector (12) from tube (2).
(7) Install adapter (13) (p/o flowmeter fitting kit) in tube (2).
(8) Connect flowmeter hoses (14 and 15) and adapters and assemble adapters
and nine inch return pipe (16) (p/o flowmeter fitting kit) as shown.
Remove hydraulic reservoir fill cap. Install assembled parts (16) in fill
cap opening of hydraulic reservoir.
(10) Install flowmeter in loader cab.
(11) Set flowmeter controls as follows:
RANGE switch in HI position
ON/OFF switch in ON position
PRESSURE VALVE control completely open
FLOW switch in FLOW position
(12) Start and operate engine at idle speed.
(13) Press and hold flowmeter TEMPERATURE switch and watch flowmeter TEMPERA-
TURE gage. Gage should indicate 130 degrees. If indication is not correct
go to step (14) below; if gage indicates 130 degrees go to step (16)
(14) Press accelerator pedal and increase engine speed to 1500 rpm and close
flowmeter PRESSURE VALVE control until flowmeter PRESSURE gage indicates
1000 psi. Watch flowmeter TEMPERATURE gage while pressing and holding
flowmeter TEMPERATURE switch. Continue to operate engine at 1500 rpm un-
til gage indicates 130 degrees then release accelerator pedal.
(15) Open flowmeter PRESSURE VALVE control completely.
(16) Press accelerator pedal and increase engine speed to 2000 rpm. Record
flowmeter FLOW gage reading.
(17) With engine operating at 2000 rpm, slowly close flowmeter PRESSURE VALVE
control until PRESSURE gage indicates 2000 psi.
(18) Ensure that engine speed is 2000 rpm and record flowmeter FLOW gage read-