3-22. CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE (CONT)
b. Lift Spool (Cont).
REASSEMBLY (SHEET 1 OF 2)
( 5 )
Put a rod through one hole in
spool (29). put spool (29)
with rod installed in soft
jawed vise as shown.
Install sleeve (33) on spool
(29) with shoulder on sleeve
Put a small amount of retain-
ing compound on threads of
Install new O-ring (32) on
spool eye (31). Install spool
eye in spool (29) and tighten
to 19 to 21 lb-ft.
Install new O-ring (30) in spool
Lubricate spool (29) and its bore
bricating oil. Install spool in i
Install rod or prybar in spool ey
(29) bore of control valve body.
in control valve body using clean lu-
Dont overtighten vise in following step. To do so will cause damage to
control valve body.
(8) Put control valve assembly in a soft jawed vise.
Install new O-ring (28) in bore in control valve body. Install retainer
(27) in bore.
(10) put new O-ring (26) on spool (29) and install retainer (25).
(11) Put washer (24) and spring seat (23) on spool (29); be sure washer is in
spring seat hole.
(12) Install two springs (21 and 22) and spring seat (20).
(13) Install washer (19) in spring seat (20).
(14) Install detent housing (18) in control valve body. Tighten detent housing
to 30 to 32 lb-ft.