4-1. ENGINE MAINTENANCE (CONT)
a. Cylinder Block (Cont).
CLEANING (SHEET 2 OF 2)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 used to clean parts is toxic and flammable.
Wear protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothes and dont breathe
vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat and don't smoke
when using it. Failure to do so could cause serious injury. If you be-
come dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air and medical
attention immediately. If contact with skin or clothes is made, flush
with large amounts of water. If contact with eyes is made, wash eyes
with water and get medical aid immediately.
(4) Clean camshaft bushing bores using clean cloth moistened with cleaning
solvent P-D-680. Use 0.020 inch diameter wire to clean camshaft bushing
(5) Using clean cloths moistened with cleaning solvent P-D-680, clean oil
filler tube (1).
(6) Clean plugs (2 thru 4) using cleaning solvent P-D-680. Dry using clean
Replace an item if inspection indicates need for replacement.
(1) Inspect cylinder block (8) for damage, excessive wear, erosion, or dis-
Inspect cylinder block (8) grooves and lands for pits or erosion.
(3) Inspect oil filler tube (1) for cracks, dents, or bends.
Inspect plugs (2 thru 4) for thread damage.
(5) Inspect plugs (5 thru 7) for looseness or damage.