TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
15. Use MSD to ensure problem is not a
If problem still exists, go to Test 16.
17. Low Power/Poor or No
programmed parameter, incorrect
Response to Throttle -
mode is not selected, or incorrect
engine rating has not been provided.
16. Use MSD to verify maximum engine
If problem still exists, go to Test 17.
speed limit and to reset parameters to
OEM specifications if necessary.
17. With engine shutdown, connect MSD If problem still exists, go to Test 18.
is 0 psi (0 kPa) and perform 5V Engine
Pressure Sensor Supply Circuit Test
1. If maximum no-load speed cannot be
18. Use MSD to verify throttle position
obtained, perform Set Speed Circuit
status. Run engine until speed is equal
to maximum no-load speed.
2. If engine speed is erratic, refer to
Digital Throttle Position Sensor
C AU T I O N
18. Intermittent Low Power or
DO NOT crank engine continuously for more than 30 seconds. Allow start-
ing motor to cool for two minutes before cranking engine again.
N OT E
Use this procedure only if engine does not shut down completely.
1. Perform Electrical Connector
1. If damaged, replace wiring harness(es)
Inspection (WP 0022 00).
in question (WP 0169 00 thru WP 0175
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Visually check fuel tank for fuel (fuel
1. Add fuel if necessary (TM 5-3805-290-
gage may be faulty).
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Perform Fuel System Pressure Test
If problem still exists, go to Test 4.
If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Perform Air in Fuel System Test (WP
If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
6. Check for fuel supply lines that are
1. Replace or repair any restricted fuel
lines (WP 0030 00, WP 0035 00, and
(WP 0036 00).
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 7.