TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Electrical System Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
4. Check wiring to starting motor
1. If damaged, replace wiring harness in
Engine Will Not Crank -
question (WP 0169 00 thru WP 0175
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Inspect starter motor pinion (WP 0048 1. If damaged, replace starter or flywheel.
00) and flywheel ring gear (WP 0150 2. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
00) for damage and turn engine over by
6. Perform Electrical Power Supply
If problem still exists, replace engine (WP
1. Check backup alarm.
1. If backup alarm operates correctly, go
Backup Alarm Always Off.
(a) Disconnect backup alarm from
to Test 2.
wiring harness (WP 0076 00).
2. If backup alarm has failed, replace
(b) Use jumpers to connect respective
backup alarm (WP 0076 00).
backup terminals to +battery
2. Check backup alarm circuit for a short 1. If wiring harness is OK, go to Test 3.
2. If there is a short in wiring harness,
(a) Wiring harness remains
short is between wire 321 BR (backup
disconnected from backup alarm.
alarm signal) and circuit with low
(b) Turn engine start switch and
resistance measurement. Replace
battery disconnect switch to OFF
wiring harness in question (WP 0169
00 thru WP 0175 00).
(c) Disconnect wiring harness
connectors J1 and J2 from
machine ECM (WP 0052 00).
(d) Bypass switch side of backup
alarm relay with jumper wire (WP
(e) At wiring harness connector J1,
(backup alarm signal) to all
possible sources of ground. Check
used in ECM harness connector.