TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Electrical System Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
7. Check ground circuit for defroster grid. 1. If continuity is present, repair defroster
16. Rear Defroster is
(a) Reconnect all wiring harnesses.
Inoperative or Always On -
(b) Turn battery disconnect switch to 2. If continuity is not present, there is an
open defroster ground circuit. Replace
(c) Check continuity between
wiring harness in question (WP 0169
defroster grid circuit 200 (BK) and
00 thru WP 0175 00).
1. Determine condition.
1. If one or more (not all) kickouts are
17. One or More Kickouts Are
inoperative, go to Test 2.
2. If all kickouts are inoperative, go to
2. Ensure kickout sensor adjustment is
1. If necessary, adjust kickout sensor.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Check sensor ground circuit.
1. If continuity is present, go to Test 4.
(a) Wiring harness remains
2. If continuity is not present, there is an
disconnected from kickout sensor.
open kickout sensor ground circuit.
(b) Turn battery disconnect switch to
Replace wiring harness in question
(WP 0169 00 thru WP 0175 00).
(c) Check continuity at kickout sensor
between wiring harness pin C,
circuit 200 (BK), and ground; or
between lift kickout sensor wiring
harness pin A, circuit 200 (BK),
4. Check for power to kickout sensor.
1. If fuse is open, replace it.
(a) Check kickout fuse (TM 5-3805-
2. If battery voltage is present and
problem is with fork return-to-work
(b) Disconnect wiring harness from
(tilt) kickout, go to Test 5.
kickout sensor (WP 0057 00).
3. If battery voltage is present and
(c) Turn battery disconnect switch,
problem is with bucket return-to-work
kickout switch, and engine start
(tilt) kickout, go to Test 7.
switch to ON position (TM 5-
4. If battery voltage is present and
problem is with both return-to-work
(d) Turn implement lockout switch to
(tilt) kickouts, go to Test 9.
OFF position (TM 5-3805-290-