TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Machine Control System - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
CID FMI CODE
6. Check relay ground circuit at secondary
0795 07 -
to Test 7.
(a) Battery disconnect switch remains in
2. If resistance is over 5.0 Ohms, relay
ground circuit has failed. Repair
(b) At relay by secondary steering motor,
ground circuit (wire 200 BK).
terminal for wire 200 BK.
(c) Measure resistance to frame ground.
7. Check signal wire between two relays.
(a) At relay by secondary steering motor,
to Test 8.
signal wire (727 GN).
wiring harness in question (WP 0169
00 thru WP 0175 00).
secondary steering relay (contact C5).
(c) Measure resistance between two
8. Check +battery circuit at secondary steering 1. If both voltage measurements are
system voltage, go to Test 9.
(a) Turn battery disconnect switch and
2. If one or both voltage measurements is
engine start switch to ON position (TM
not system voltage, power circuit to
relay has failed. Replace wiring
(b) At secondary steering relay, connect
harness (WP 0169 00 thru WP 0175
(wire 136 GN).
(c) Measure voltage from C1 to frame
(d) Remove lead from contact C1 and
connect lead to contact C3 (wire 136
(e) Measure voltage from contact C3 to
9. Check circuit from ECM to relay.
1. If, during self-test, indicator for
(a) Turn engine start switch to OFF
secondary steering system illuminates,
go to Test 10.
(b) Connect one end of a jumper wire to
2. If, during self-test, indicator for
contact C2 at relay.
secondary steering system does not
(c) Connect other end of jumper wire to
illuminate, replace secondary steering
relay (WP 0054 00).
(d) Turn engine start switch to ON position
for secondary steering system, monitor
indicator for secondary steering