TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Machine Control System - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
CID FMI CODE
1. If alternator R-terminal is an 11 to 32V
1251 01 -
(a) Disconnect wire (403 GN 18) from
square-wave from 0 to 2 KHz, go to
alternator (WP 0047 00).
2. If alternator R-terminal is not an 11 to
32V square-wave from 0 to 2 KHz,
there is 11 to 32V square-wave from 0
to 2 KHz. There should not be a steady
dc voltage equivalent to battery
1. If problem has not been corrected,
3. Verify diagnostic code remains active.
replace machine ECM (WP 0052 00).
(a) Clean harness connector contacts.
2. If diagnostic code is not present, initial
(b) Reconnect all harness connectors.
problem was probably caused by a poor
(c) Turn engine start switch to ON position
electrical connection or a short at a
and operate machine (TM 5-3805-290-
harness connector that was
disconnected and reconnected.
Resume normal machine operation.
determine if CID 1251 FMI 01
diagnostic code is present.