TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Machine Control System - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
CID FMI CODE
2. Check signal circuit for a short.
1. If wiring harness is correct, go to Test
1251 08 -
(a) Engine start switch and battery
disconnect switch remain in OFF
2. If resistance is not correct, there is a
short between circuit with low
(b) Wiring harness remains disconnected
GN). Replace harness in question (WP
(c) Remove jumper wire from Test 1.
0169 00 thru WP 0175 00).
(d) At wiring harness connectors J1 and J2,
(wire 403 GN) to all other J1 and J2
3. Verify diagnostic code remains active.
1. If diagnostic code is no longer active,
(a) Clean all harness connector contacts.
initial diagnostic code was probably
(b) Reconnect all harness connectors.
caused by a poor electrical connection
(c) Turn battery disconnect switch and
or a short at a harness connector that
engine start switch to ON position (TM
was disconnected and reconnected.
Resume normal machine operation.
(d) Clear all inactive diagnostic codes.
2. If diagnostic code remains active,
(e) Operate machine (TM 5-3805-290-
replace machine ECM (WP 0052 00).
status of diagnostic code.