STEERING SYSTEM TESTS, INSPECTIONS, AND ADJUSTMENTS - CONTINUED
PISTON PUMP (STEERING AND PILOT) HIGH PRESSURE
STALL TEST AND ADJUSTMENT - CONTINUED
To ensure pressure is correct, repeat steps 10 thru 19.
Remove gages and hoses.
Install left and right chassis covers (WP 0107 00).
PISTON PUMP (STEERING AND PILOT) MARGIN PRESSURE TEST AND ADJUSTMENT
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic fit-
ting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
CAU T I ON
· Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during inspection and testing of machine. Be prepared
to collect fluid with containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing
· Dispose of fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
N OT E
Margin pressure test should be used as reference only. Performing steering pump margin pressure test is
difficult. To obtain more accurate pressure readings, refer to Piston Pump (Steering and Pilot) Low Pressure
Standby Test and Adjustment in this work package.
To release any steering system pressure, turn steering wheel to left and right.
Remove chassis cover from right side of machine (WP 0107 00).
Connect Nipple, pipe (Item 49, WP 0205 00) to one end of hose to pressure gage.