STEERING SYSTEM TESTS, INSPECTIONS, AND ADJUSTMENTS - CONTINUED
METERING PUMP (HMU) TEST
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic fit-
ting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
CAU T I ON
· Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during inspection and testing of machine. Be prepared
to collect fluid with containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing
· Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
N OT E
· Only perform this test if steering wheel does not return to center position correctly.
· When removing line to tank to install swivel T, oil will drain from both metering pump and line to tank. Oil
must be able to drain into container.
Remove line (7) to tank from metering pump. Install
into line to tank.
Install 7X-0872 Swivel T onto metering pump. Point
Install 3J-1907 O-ring Seal to 6V-3965 Fitting.
Install Coupling half, quick disconnect (Item 28, WP
Remove face seal plug from line (1) to tank.
Connect line (7) to swivel T.