HYDRAULIC SYSTEM TESTS, INSPECTIONS, AND ADJUSTMENTS - CONTINUED
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydrau-
lic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic
fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic
fitting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
· Permit only one operator on machine. Keep other personnel away from machine and in side of operator.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
CAU T I ON
· Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during inspection, and testing of machine. Be pre-
pared to collect fluid with containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
· Dispose of fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
N OT E
· For a better understanding of each system, review the appropriate section in Theory of Operation (WP 0003
· These procedures may give direction to replace wiring harnesses. However, limited repair of wiring har-
nesses is authorized. Refer to Electrical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0022 00) for the correct
· When directed to use a bypass harness and breakout Ts, refer to Electrical General Maintenance Instruc-
tions (WP 0022 00) for the correct hook-up procedures.
Whenever work tool is raised for testing or adjusting, ensure work tool is supported securely. Also ensure work tool is
fully in DUMP position. Lift circuit has high oil pressure when lift arms raise front of machine.
N OT E
· When any test is performed on hydraulic system, hydraulic oil must be at normal operating temperature.
· During diagnosis of hydraulic system, correct oil flow and pressure are necessary for proper machine oper-
ation. Pump output increases as engine speed increases.
Turn engine start switch to ON position without starting engine (TM 5-3805-290-10). Cycle hydraulic control levers
through all positions to release pressure in hydraulic system. Place tilt control lever in FLOAT position. Place lift control
lever in HOLD position.