PRIMING FUEL SYSTEM
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Priming Fuel System
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-290-
Tools and Special Tools
Work tool lowered to ground (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
Battery disconnect switch in OFF position (TM 5-
Steering frame lock connected (TM 5-3805-290-
Estimated Time to Complete Task
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
WARN I N G
· DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections, or maintenance while smoking or near fire, flames, or
sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· If machine is parked indoors, DO NOT run engine unless exhaust fumes are vented to the outside. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
N OT E
· Use an appropriate container to catch any fuel that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fuel IAW local
policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· If air enters fuel system, air must be purged before engine can be started. Air can enter fuel system when any
of the following events occur:
Fuel tank is empty or tank has been partially drained.
Low pressure fuel lines are disconnected.
A leak exists in low pressure fuel system.
Fuel filter is replaced.