FUEL INJECTOR LINES REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
Two outlet lines disconnected from fan and brake
Muffler and support bracket removed (WP 0041
Two fuel filter lines disconnected from top of fuel
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 19
Estimated Time to Complete Task
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
WARN I N G
· DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections, or maintenance while smoking or near fire, flames, or
sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and plug openings after
removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
· Utilize two line wrenches to avoid damage to lines and fittings.
N OT E
· Tag lines to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fuel that may drain from lines or system. Dispose of fuel IAW local policy and
ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.