COOLING SYSTEM HOSES, CLAMPS, AND TANK REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Coolant Tank and Hoses: Removal, Installation
Cab Heater Lines: Removal, Installation
Radiator Hoses: Removal, Installation
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 32, 34, 35, and 118
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· DO NOT service cooling system unless engine has been allowed to cool down. This is a pressurized cooling sys-
tem and escaping steam or hot coolant may result in serious burns.
· DO NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down. Loosen cap to
first stop and let any pressure out of cooling system, then remove cap. Failure to follow this warning may
result in serious burns.
· Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protection when handling coolants. Failure to do so may result in injury to
C AU T I O N
Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug open-
ings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
N OT E
· Tag hoses prior to removal to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local policy and
ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.