FUEL LEVEL SENDING UNIT REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Inspection, Installation
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-290-
Tools and Special Tools
Work tool lowered to ground (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Battery disconnect switch in OFF position (TM 5-
Engine doors opened (TM 5-3805-290-10)
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 52 and 153
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections, or maintenance while smoking or near fire, flames, or
sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
· Ensure battery disconnect switch is in OFF position before performing this task. Failure to follow this warn-
ing may result in injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug open-
ings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
N OT E
· Tag hoses prior to removal to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local policy and
ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.