TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER BYPASS VALVE MAINTENANCE
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Disassembly, Cleaning and Inspection, Assembly, Installation
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Tools and Special Tools
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-290-
Shop equipment, automotive maintenance and
repair: field maintenance, basic, less power (Item
Work tool lowered to ground (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
Battery disconnect switch in OFF position (TM 5-
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Engine doors opened (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-40 (Item 33, WP 0206
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 73
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult
your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further
information is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and
hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping
hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any
hydraulic lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in the performance of maintenance can be very slippery. Immediately
wipe up any spills. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.