CHANGING DIFFERENTIAL AND FINAL DRIVE OIL
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Materials/Parts - Continued
Tools and Special Tools
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
Steering frame lock connected (TM 5-3805-290-
Hydraulic system pressure relieved (TM 5-3805-
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 77 and 78
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic fit-
ting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
C AU T I O N
Wipe covers and surface areas around openings before checking or adding oil. Cap and plug openings after
removing fittings. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.