BRAKE ACCUMULATOR REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED
WARN I N G
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and
hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping
hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· The accumulator is filled with dry nitrogen. DO NOT loosen or remove the valve or cap from the top of
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any
hydraulic lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
C AU T I O N
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and plug openings after
removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
· Tag lines prior to removal to ensure correct installation.
· Utilize two line wrenches to avoid damage to fittings.
N OT E
Use a container to catch any hydraulic oil that may drain from lines or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local
policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.