HYDRAULIC OIL FILTER BASE AND MOUNTING REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Tools and Special Tools
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-290-
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
Work tool lowered to ground (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-5/40 (Item 34, WP 0206
Battery disconnect switch in OFF position (TM 5-
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-15/40 (Item 35, WP
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 49 and 139
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any hydraulic
lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in the performance of maintenance can be very slippery. Immediately wipe up
any spills. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.