HYDRAULIC TANK AND MOUNTING REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED
WARN I N G
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any hydraulic
lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in the performance of maintenance can be very slippery. Immediately wipe up
any spills. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· When servicing equipment, performing maintenance, or disposing of materials such as engine coolant,
hydraulic fluid, lubricants, battery acids or batteries, and CARC paint, consult your unit/local hazardous
waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further information is needed, please
contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug open-
ings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
N OT E
· Tag hoses to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local policy and
ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
Disconnect breather hose (1) from breather assembly
(2) on top of hydraulic tank (3).