WARN I N G
· Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use assistance during proce-
dure. Ensure any lifting equipment used is in good condition and of suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy
parts supported only by lifting equipment. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to per-
· To avoid injury to personnel, wear protective gloves when handling fork tine.
· Support fork carriage. If forklift assembly is removed from machine.
N OT E
Fork tines weigh 70 lb (32 kg).
Remove two bolts (1) from fork tines (2).
Remove two bolts (3), washers (4), and installation
plate (5) from fork carriage (6).
With assistance, remove shaft (7) from fork tines (2)
and fork carriage (6).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
WARN I N G
· Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and low-toxic material.
However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves and goggles. Use in well-ventilated
areas. Keep away from open flames and other sources of ignition. Failure to do so may result in injury or
death to personnel.
· Particles blown by compressed air are hazardous. DO NOT exceed 15 psi (103 kPa) nozzle pressure when dry-
ing parts with compressed air. DO NOT direct compressed air against human skin. Make sure air stream is
directed away from user and other personnel in the area. To prevent injury, user must wear protective goggles
or face shield. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
Clean all parts and mating surfaces with solvent cleaning compound.
Dry parts with compressed air.
Inspect all parts for wear, pitting, cracks, or corrosion and replace if necessary.