FRONT MAIN SEAL REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED
Use 5/32 in. drill bit to drill three evenly spaced holes in crankshaft front seal (1).
C AU T I O N
· Ensure that main lip is used to remove crankshaft front seal.
· Do not damage edge of housing for crankshaft front seal.
· Do not damage flange of crankshaft during removal process for crankshaft front seal.
Place slide hammer puller in holes to remove crank-
shaft front seal (1).
Use slide hammer puller in each of three holes to
evenly remove crankshaft front seal (1). Discard
crankshaft front seal.
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
WARN I N G
· Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and low-toxic
material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves and goggles. Use in
well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other sources of ignition. Failure to do so may
result in injury or death to personnel.
· Particles blown by compressed air are hazardous. DO NOT exceed 15 psi (103 kPa) nozzle pressure
when drying parts with compressed air. DO NOT direct compressed air against human skin. Make sure
air stream is directed away from user and other personnel in the area. To prevent injury, user must
wear protective goggles or face shield. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
Clean all parts and mating surfaces with solvent cleaning compound.
Dry parts with compressed air.
Inspect all parts for wear, pitting, cracks, or corrosion and replace if necessary.
Inspect oil passages to ensure they are clean and unobstructed.