PILOT OPERATED CONTROL (JOY STICK) AND HYDRAULIC LOCKOUT VALVE REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Tools and Special Tools
Hydraulic system pressure relieved (TM 5-3805-
Shop equipment, automotive maintenance and
repair: field maintenance, basic, less power (Item
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-290-
Work tool lowered to ground (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Steering frame lock connected (TM 5-3805-290-
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-5/40 (Item 34, WP 0206
Battery disconnect switch in OFF position (TM 5-
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-15/40 (Item 35, WP
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 131 and 132
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult
your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further
information is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and
hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping
hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic
fitting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.