COUPLER VALVE REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
Materials/Parts - Continued
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, machine shop, field maintenance,
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-5/40 (Item 34, WP 0206
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 130
Estimated Time to Complete Task
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-15/40 (Item 35, WP
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any hydraulic
lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in the performance of maintenance can be very slippery. Immediately wipe up
any spills. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug
openings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.