QUICK COUPLER REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED
WARN I N G
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and
hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping
hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any
hydraulic lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and low-toxic
material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves and goggles. Use in
well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other sources of ignition. Failure to do so may
result in injury or death to personnel.
CAU T I ON
· Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance,
testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
· Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug
openings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
N OT E
· Tag hoses prior to removal to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local policy
and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.