LIFT ARMS REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult
your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further
information is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and
hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping
hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic
fitting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
C AU T I O N
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug
openings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
· Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance,
testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
· Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
N OT E
· Tag hoses prior to removal to ensure cor-
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may
drain from hoses or system. Dispose of
fluid IAW local policy and ordinances.
Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
Support lift arm assembly (1) with jack stand (2).