OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS - CONTINUED
WAR N I N G
· BE ALERT for personnel in the area while operating machine. Always check to ensure area is clear of
personnel and obstructions before moving. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to
personnel or damage to equipment.
· DO NOT allow riders on machine. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Ensure that personnel are not working on or near machine before moving out.
Keep machine under control at all times.
Reduce engine speed when maneuvering in tight quarters or when going downhill.
Select correct gear speed before starting down a grade. Use same gear speed as you would use to go uphill. DO
NOT change gears while going downhill.
DO NOT allow engine to overspeed when going downhill. Use service brakes to control engine speed.
When load will be pushing machine, i.e., when backing downhill with a load, put transmission control lever in
Changing Direction and Speed.
Operator can change from low gear to high gear at full engine speed.
Directional changes at full engine speed are also possible. However, when changing directions, it is best to reduce
engine speed and to brake machine.
Keep a loaded bucket close to the ground.
Stop machine, if necessary, to avoid an unstable machine.
To change direction and speed, perform the following:
(1) Lower engine speed with throttle pedal.
(2) Use service brakes to slow machine or to stop machine.
(3) Move shifter or remote F/N/R switch to desired direction.
(4) If transmission is in manual mode, rotate transmission control lever to desired speed.
(5) Release service brakes.
(6) Increase engine speed with throttle pedal.