OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS - CONTINUED
WAR N I N G
Ensure proper towing procedures are followed when towing machine:
· When attaching towing connections, carefully move towing machine into position. Always use a ground guide
and DO NOT stand directly between machines.
· DO NOT tow faster than 2 mph (3 kph).
· DO NOT allow operator on machine unless operator can control steering and/or brakes.
· When drive shafts are removed, machine has NO parking or secondary brakes. To prevent machine from
rolling, wheels must be blocked securely. Failure to follow this warning may cause injury or death to
· Always block wheels before removing axle shafts or disengaging parking brake.
Failure to follow proper towing procedures may cause injury or death to personnel or damage to
These instructions are for towing machine for a short distance of less than 5 miles (8 km) at low speed, no more
than 2 mph (3 kph).
These instructions are for emergencies only.
Always transport machine if longer distance moving is required.
Normally, towing machine should be as large as towed machine. Towing machine must have sufficient brake
capacity, weight, and power to do the job. Towing machine must be able to control both machines for the grade and
distance that is involved.
As required by grade and towing conditions, additional towing machines may be used.
If towed machine is loaded, it MUST be equipped with operational brakes.
Always block machine wheels before preparing for towing.
Do not allow operator on machine during towing unless operator can control steering and/or brakes.
Place an observer in a safe position in order to watch towing procedure. Towing must stop if towing machine
moves without moving disabled machine.