EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA - CONTINUED
EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES - CONTINUED
The loader is transportable as follows:
(1) RO/RO onto C-5 and C-17 for aircraft transport.
(2) RO/RO onto marine vessels.
(3) Remove ROPS/FOPS, exhaust stack, and rear handrails for highway transport when using M870 Series Semi-
trailer. A permit for width or removal of bucket may also be necessary.
(4) Remove ROPS/FOPS and exhaust stack for CONUS and NATO rail transport. OCONUS requires removal of
front and rear handrails.
Machines that operate in extreme cold weather, from -25 to -40°F (-32 to -40°C), are factory equipped with an
arctic cold weather starting aid system which includes:
(1) Diesel-fired engine coolant heater and
(2) Four heavy-duty batteries.