TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE
N OT E
For a better understanding of each sysem, review the appropriate section in Theory of Operation (WP
These procedures may give direction to replace wirng harness. However, limited repair of wiring har-
ness is authorized. Refer to Electrical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0022 00) for the correct
When directed to use a bypass harness and breakout Ts, refer to Electrical General Maintenance
Instructions (WP 0022 00) for the correct hook-up procedures.
For location of Controls and Indicators, refer to TM 5-3805-291-10.
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting.
TEST OR INSPECTION
CAU T I ON
Engine Cannot Reach Top
Do not crank engine continuously for more than 30 seconds. Allow start-
ing motor to cool for two minutes before cranking engine again. Failure
to comply with this caution may result in damage to equipment.
N OT E
If this problem occurs only under load, refer to Malfunction 16. Low Power/
Poor or No Response to Throttle.
1. Ensure all fuel lines are tight, properly
1. Replace, tighten, secure, or clean fuel
secured, and free of restrictions.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Check fuel tank for foreign objects
1. Remove any foreign objects.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. If temperature is below 32°F (0°C),
1. If solidified fuel is present, drain and
check for solidified fuel (wax) in tank.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 4.
4. Check to see if any of the following
1. If procedures have been performed,
procedures have been performed:
prime fuel system (TM 5-3805-291-
low pressure fuel supply circuit, or
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
replacement of fuel injectors.
5. Check fuel pressure after the fuel filter. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
Perform Fuel System Pressure Test
6. Observe the check engine lamp. Check 1. If restriction is indicated, clean or
for an air filter restriction indicator.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 7.