TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
N OT E
Engine operation may also be affected by environmental conditions such
as wind or snow.
1. Connect MSD (WP 0005 00) and check 1. Each condition would indicate poor
"Current Totals" for excessive idle
time and/or high load factor.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Check fuel pressure after the fuel filter. 1. If the fuel pressure is low, replace fuel
Refer to Fuel System Pressure Test
If fuel pressure is still low, check these
items: fuel transfer pump and coupling
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
1. Remove unsatisfactory fuel from fuel
tank. Install new fuel filters (WP 0035
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 4.
1. If faulty, recalibrate or replace speed/
timing sensors (WP 0076 00 and WP
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Check installation and perform
If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
Electrical Connectors Inspection (WP
0057 00) and fuel injector connectors
(WP 0187 00).
6. Use MSD to perform Injector Solenoid If problem still exists, go to Test 7.
Test. Determine if all injector solenoids
are being energized by the ECM. If not,