TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
CAU T I ON
16. Low Power/Poor or No
Response to Throttle.
Do not crank engine continuously for more than 30 seconds. Allow start-
ing motor to cool for two minutes before cranking engine again. Failure
to comply with this caution may result in damage to equipment.
N OT E
If problem occurs under certain conditions, perform tests under those
conditions. Diagnosing under normal conditions could provide mislead-
1. Connect MSD (WP 0005 00) and check 1. Troubleshoot any active codes before
for active diagnostic codes.
continuing with this procedure. Refer
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Check for fuel supply lines that are
1. Replace or repair any restricted fuel
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Check fuel tank for foreign objects.
1. Remove any foreign objects.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 4.
4. Perform Fuel System Pressure Test
If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Check to see if any of the following
1. If procedures have been performed,
procedures have been performed:
prime fuel system (TM 5-3805-291-
low pressure fuel supply circuit, or
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
replacement of fuel injectors.
6. Observe the check engine lamp. Check 1. If restriction is indicated, clean or
for an air filter restriction indicator.
replace air cleaner elements (WP 0030
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 7.
7. Check the air intake and exhaust
1. Remove any blockage or restrictions
system for restrictions and/or leaks
and replace damaged air inlet and
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 8.
8. Perform Electrical Connectors
1. Clean any corroded or dirty
connections, tighten any loose
connections, and replace any faulty
wiring harnesses (WP 0195 00 thru WP
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 9.